Wednesday, February 4, 2009

NASA meets Red Green


Today the kids wanted to make rockets. I said "sure we can make rockets." I began searching the garage for rocket building supplies. Surprisingly, I found quite a few things that I believe could be used to construct a real rocket. However, since I have most of my tools packed for the move and the garage relatively clean, I decided we would not try to build an actual rocket. We instead scavenged around the house and used the following supplies:

2 discarded Diet Shasta boxes
1 bottle Elmers Glue
3 tbls butter, melted
5 large eggs, beaten
1 cup cottage cheese

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
One 4 ounce can diced green chiles
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Salt
Whisk together

bake in 8 inch square baking dish
at 350 degrees or until firm (+/- 35 minutes)
7 rolls Duct Tape
12 rolls Masking tape

3 cracked fishing bobbers
Assorted washable markers




We assembled these few items into rockets that meet the impeccable standards of a 4 and 2 year old. While they slumber in cosmic fantasies I am going to make dinner..... now if I can only find where I put that Cheddar, Chile and Egg Casserole recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment